Asheville, North Carolina, January 4, 2017 – Capstone Health Alliance announced the continued growth of their membership during 2016 with the addition of seven acute care health systems, bringing total acute care membership to 89 health systems and 160 hospitals. Capstone is pleased to announce the new members who joined the alliance in 2016:
- Wayne Memorial Hospital, an 84-bed acute care facility located in Jesup, Georgia
- Peninsula Regional Health System, a 292-bed acute care facility located in Salisbury, Maryland
- Preston Memorial Hospital, a 25-bed acute care facility located in Kingwood, West Virginia
- Monongalia Health System, a 189-bed acute care facility located in Morgantown, West Virginia
- Mount Nittany Medical Center, a Provider Supply Chain Partners facility, is a 260-bed acute care facility located in State College, Pennsylvania
- Chan Soon-Shiong Medical Center, a Provider Supply Chain Partners facility, is a 54-bed acute care facility located in Windber, Pennsylvania
- Tyrone Hospital, a Provider Supply Chain Partners facility, is a 25-bed acute care facility located in Tyrone, Pennsylvania
“We are honored to have these facilities as active members of our alliance” said Tim Bugg, President & CEO of Capstone Health Alliance. “As our membership continues to expand, we pride ourselves on contributing to each facility’s efforts to improve cost, quality and outcomes.”
In addition to the growth of Capstone’s acute-care membership, the Business Development team brought on 42 new continuum of care members in 2016 and has extended Capstone’s portfolio of aggregated savings to non-healthcare members like the Asheville Airport and Mars Hill University. Capstone’s non-healthcare membership has grown to 91 facilities over the course of just six (6) months.
About Capstone Health Alliance
Capstone Health Alliance is a group purchasing alliance of healthcare members that delivers real cost savings through the power of aggregation and collaboration. Based in Asheville, North Carolina, Capstone represents over $5 billion in acute care supply chain spend. To create the best savings opportunities for our members, we pair Premier’s national portfolio with our local aggregation model – blending the best of national and regional contracting – to continually expand our extensive portfolio of more than 600 preferred pricing agreements. Capstone delivers quantifiable savings and actionable data that enable better supply chain decisions for our member facilities. In addition to cost savings initiatives, Capstone members collaborate to share best practices and pursue resource utilization initiatives, all with the intent of improving cost, quality, and outcomes in patient care.